Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nutritionist vs. Valentine's Day Candy

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Feeling superb today! I never thought I'd be saying this but Jay and I enjoyed mopping our floors and cleaning the bathrooms! We took in a movie after the house cleaning, then I took a nice, long walk and ate some chocolate. (one piece) Having the energy to clean, and take a walk is almost miraculous, as is seeing a beautiful red cardinal and a blue bird on the same walk. Is Spring around the corner?

The trip to the nutritionist was great. I'm doing fairly well, and don't have to take GOLDENSEAL anymore! Unless I get an infection, but I'm not planning on getting one. I'm addicted to antibacerial hand gel. The nutritionist gave me a new arsonal: chinese herbs for asthma, powder to dissolve under my tongue to keep my blood counts stable, (cool, I won't have to taste it), magnesium for regular elimination (if four laxatives don't work, I have my doubts about magnesium, but I'm willing to try anything!) Special formula for teeth/bones (chemo kills teeth and mine are already almost dead) and more detox bath stuff.

Speaking of teeth, I just ate two pieces of chocolate.

My fingers and feet are going numb now, thanks to chemo. The nutritionist said she could reverse that if it doesn't go away, but she won't give me anything until all chemo is finshed. Her methods may interfere with chemo. Bummer. I'm clumsy enough without having numb feet. I actually laughed when reading info about chemo ...how you aren't supposed to do sports or other activities where you might fall or develop black and blue marks. Why black and blue is almost my race description! I trip over dogs and rugs, fall up steps, smash myself into closet doors and end tables, trip over rugs or uneven floor sections, cut corners too fast or misjudge distances and snag myself on chairs or hooks, smack myself in the head with cupboard doors left open while I bend over to retrieve something I dropped. The last thing I need is numb fingers and toes.

Sigh, I just ate one more piece. Would someone PLEASE get this chocolate out of here!!

I'm going to make goat cheese for Dr. DeGreen when I see him on Tuesday. He bugs me with every round of chemo, warning me NOT to touch unpasturized goat milk, cow milk, cheese or cider. Telling a farm girl not to consume raw foods is pretty brazen of him. I'm obeying. (at least he didn't out law chocolate like the nutritionist!) I do want to jerk his chain a bit, so when I hand him the beautiful container of cheese dip and crackers, I'm telling him the goat cheese is raw.
It'll give me something to look forward to on chemo day!

Joyfully,
Sharon

quote written on my valentine card from Stephanie because she knows I love this part of the movie Cool Runnings: "How 'bout I draw a line down your head and make it look like a butt?"

quote from Steph after I read the card and had an extra robust belly laugh.
"Oh my goodness, I just realized I could actually do this to you now that your head is bald!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment