Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CELEBRATE LIFE!!

Isn’t life grand? Don’t you just want to throw open your arms and celebrate?

Reasons I celebrate:

1. I can live fully right now! Isn’t that amazing? I don’t have to wait the bone pain stops, or until April when the chemo is done, or when the cancer is in remission. I can live fully now. Present, alive, aware, grateful! How cool is that? Sure, I visualize all the things I’ll be able to do again, like walking, swimming, hiking, yoga, cleaning, gardening, kissing Avery, petting newborn foals, but I don’t have to wait to enjoy life until I can do them. I can enjoy life now! Dreaming, planning is good, but living now is best.

2. It’s snowing!! Big, beautiful, lacy, white flakes are falling.

3. My sofa cushion is silk underneath its cover. I said prayerfully yesterday: “I’d walk a mile for something silky to lay my itchy, blotchy scalp against.” Wow; I didn’t have to walk!

4. Mail comes! Every day! Isn’t it fabulous? Just got a beautiful hand crocheted hat from a friend, a glorious page of chicken/rooster stickers, flowers, chapstick kisses from grand daughter Avery, and a book from a sister. I’m so blessed! Even if there were no gifts, mail is a miracle! (Wait till the government cancels Saturday delivery, if you don’t believe me).

5. I’m curling up on the sofa, tired, bones aching from producing white cells, listening to books on CD. I love being ‘read to’.

6. Wonderful hubby made a delicious breakfast this morning and served it to me: 2 potato broccoli cakes and 1 duck egg. I had fresh strawberries for lunch. Am I lucky or what?

7. There are lovely faces/photos showing up on my blog site. I have no vested interest in anyone following my blog (baffled they do, actually) and I’m almost totally ignorant of how blogs work, but the simple fact that lovely people, and interesting representations of lovely people pop up once in awhile, surprises me. Surprises make me quite happy.

8. Every three week chemo cycle I plan something FUN to look forward to during my ‘good week’. Makes me giddy with anticipation!

9. Last ‘good week’, I painted pottery to give as a gift. My object has flaws, mistakes, but I love the piece because it reminds me of someone I love. Before cancer, I wouldn’t have given the gift. Today, I give with joy, no longer caring about something as insignificant as perfection!

10. My blood counts are MUCH better this time! Bone pain is subsiding after only 1 ½ days, compared to three days. Glory be for prayer, acupressure, tapping, NAET treatments, gulping goldenseal and cabbage juice, and detoxing in a muddy brown herbal bath.

And the grandest reason to celebrate …

11. I have the power to celebrate my cell counts! I just drank hot chocolate and polished off a bowl of natural chocolate ice cream. Nothing is as rich and decadent! (okay, the crème brulee was, but vanilla is not chocolate, after all)

A gal can’t live on cabbage juice alone…

Joyfully,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment