Tuesday, February 24, 2009

dropping a note

I just received an email today saying a magazine accepted a short piece of my writing for publishing. I’ve been submitting for a long time, with not many positive results, so I celebrate this morale boost coming on a day I’m too tired to get up from the recliner or turn the heating pad off. I wrote and submitted the article last Friday, while prednisone still circulated in my blood. I felt fairly strong over the weekend and by Sunday afternoon, I had to pace myself while walking the dogs to avoid overdoing it. My throat was so raw I couldn’t talk, or eat anything other than soup and protein shakes, but I could walk, catch up on housework, and write. I felt good!

Monday, the prednisone ran out. I plummeted fast into extreme fatigue, increasing anemia, light headedness, hot flashes, sleepiness, moodiness and low blood sugar swings. Its humbling how much easier it is to be optimistic while on steroids! While my body careens out of balance this week, I will celebrate good things happening while experiencing bad things.

It took me all day to write this blog. I feel pathetic and humble, but the effort helped me focus on things other than my discomfort. As Richard Rohr says, “everything belongs’.

Joyfully,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Having something published is happy news indeed!
    I drove by your house yesterday. I looked for you or your dogs...I love seeing the little horses in the field. I sent you my deepest loving thoughts and healing prayer.

    ReplyDelete