Friday, June 26, 2020

Fridays with Starry Meadows 6.26.2020

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, grass, outdoor and nature
Brock Creek Meadow at sunset






"Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise."      ~George Washington Carver

     Or in this case, the creek meadow before sunset. 


Oregon View Farm, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
September 28, 2009


Starry Meadows Farm, Rockingham County, Virginia June 15, 2020


I could say so many things about these two photos, like...
...I marvel over Heavenly Blue Morning Glories
...there is a difference between Lancaster County Pennsylvania soil and Rockingham County Virginia soil.
...I've learned the wisdom of not trying to duplicate what I loved in one area to embrace what is lovely in my new area.
....I'm still working on embracing what is presenting in life, while letting go of how I want things to be. (this is a statement about my personal attitudes towards things I can't control in my life - not a statement about status quo and social justice)
... this reminds me of the difference between the haves and the have-nots.
....also reminds me of the difference between having privilege as a white person and BIPOC not having the same privileges due to unjust cultural systems.

I won't expound on any of these subjects but simply invite you to meditate on these photos and see what arises from your depths. (visio divina) -
https://www.prayerandpossibilities.com/pray-with-eyes-of-t…/


~~

Image may contain: tree, plant, grass, sky, outdoor and nature
Photo: Doe in Morning by Stephanie Landis



As a hart longs for flowing streams,
so longs my soul for you, O Beloved.
~Nan Merrill in Psalms for Praying

~~


Photo: The swing down by the creek where I sit when I need to rest and restore

The lyrics to this song are based on some of the writings of 
St John of the Cross....

O living flame of love, that tenderly wounds my soul.
Burn through the veil of earth and heaven, till I am one with you.
O Let me blaze with fire, let spirit fill each part.
Come light the caverns of my soul, illuminate my night.
May my life burn bright, with a holy light.
May my soul burn like a candle.
How gentle and how sweet, you wake within my heart.
And breathe in me the breath of life, and fill my soul with love.
May my life burn bright, with a holy light.
May my soul burn like a candle.
O Living flame of love, that tenderly wounds my soul.
Burn through the veil of earth and heaven, till I am one with you.

The Center for Christian Spirituality wrote and used this as 
part of their Pentecost service set to lovely music.





















Photo: Pano shot of the Shooting Star Wildflower Garden at Starry Meadows



Friends, my soul needs a Facebook sabbath. (Thus, no more "Fridays with Starry Meadows" on this blog for a while.) Since the pandemic, wifi coverage in the country has been a challenge. Coverage is spotty, plus I get kicked off the web so often that it takes too long to do simple things online. Until this changes, and until I'm ready to reenter FB land, I am signing off.

I may keep posting photos and quick quotes on Instagram if you want to follow me there. I have
 two public accounts:

1. starrymeadows_
Farm, farm events, nature, birds, flowers, mixed with writings and/or quotes of ecology, inspiration, spiritual companioning, contemplative spirituality...Interfaith or no faith readers equally welcome.

2. sharonclymerlandis
My author's account. Promotes writers, encourages writing, my own work and the work of other authors, including reviews of books for children. Also posts updates from my blog: "Color My Soul."

Until I return, be well, my friends. I'll leave you with these two blessings....


May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe from inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.

And....

If life sends you down a stony path,
May God give you strong shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment