Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sweet Cauldron of Wonder




It's snowing; winter is dragging on. I must play to remain sane. I'm far too serious much of the time anyway, so a 'play' reminder is good. Even when life is difficult, maybe especially then, I must play.  

Some of the photos in this blog post are from a personal retreat. One is from this snowy day. The poetry is a free write assignment from an Abbey of the Arts online retreat:  The Soul's Slow Ripening: A Lenten Retreat.  (scroll down for links)  I combined things from both retreats, and managed to do what was suggested while not doing what was suggested. Love when that happens! 

My heart sings and plays when writing poetry. Even when I'm not very good. May you find some joy in my playful, 
poetic becoming  ..... 


~ ~ ~ 




Fire Within


I am a silhouette, illuminated

by Fire within, and by

Spirit walking, breathing,

praying me on,

from behind. 

                                                                             ~ ~ ~







Sweet Cauldron of Wonder

I am a curtain,
canvass for the sun
who playfully paints me
with Light. Draws
me in waves, like S’s, and
calls my name: Soul. Sharon.
Sweet cauldron of wonder.



                                                                       ~ ~ ~

For Liza


I am puppy.
Vulnerable, self-centered, needing
love, life lessons, consistency,
and wild, succulent play!

I am pure POTENTIAL.

First following God properly
on the left; perfect heeling position.


Only to break out, forgetting left.
Nipping at God’s heel, driving, wanting,
controlling. And God whips around,
laughing. Surprised, I fall into obedience.

But, Love sends me ahead. Confused, I wait.
Love encourages, motions me onward, smiling.
Scampering ahead, a new game!  This
puppy body pays attention.

Somehow, with false starts, sudden finishes,
spiraling path, Life walks behind me, showing
which way to turn. How to trudge, to heal.  
Mourn, play; stop.  And when to simply sail,
empowered by Spirit’s breath. I am puppy!
Miraculously, finding boats forming
under my quivering animal body. 

                                                ~ ~ ~ 


Links:
~  Retreat in Lancaster, PA city - A place for solitude, soul tending and refreshment.    http://tendingplace.weebly.com/

~  Abbey of the Arts - Transformative living through contemplative and expressive arts.   http://abbeyofthearts.com/





2 comments: