Saturday, June 22, 2013

Impromptu Gaiety


 
Summer-solstice-sangria

 
Impromptu Summer Solstice  
                 Party!

After a day of keeping up with toddler grandson, Jude, and feeling happy, tired and full, but not quite ready to settle in for the night,  I decided to throw an impromptu summer solstice party.  Despite the late hour, I invited family and dug out an appropriate Solstice drink recipe.


Eliza and I made a quick run to the state store.  Catching energy from each other, we laughed mischievously as our delighted fingers turned wine bottles around so we could read label descriptions.  We choose a Pinot Grigio by sheer intrigue of story and bottle design.   She fawned over artful presentation and imagined taste of floral notes with pear; I imagined the wine’s compliment to my chosen fruit and the magic of a bottle added to my garden bottle tree.


Kim checking out the moon - Stephanie Landis photography
Family gathered together at 9:30, spotting the gorgeous full moon with scope, lighting patio candles....










Stephanie Landis photography
....Jason strumming guitar as we laughed and toasted the summer. 



Later,  I nestled in bed deeply satisfied, feeling rich beyond measure.


Super Moon   ~    Stephanie Landis photography






Sleeping peacefully, I dreamed a man told me I was round, full, and radiant.  His eyes gazed at my body, but I felt no offense, only deep connection.  Our souls saw each other.  The dream man simply reflected my truth,  my wholeness. I woke up mellow, loved and loving, feeling as if my true self was illuminated by God in my dream and revealed to me.  I remembered the moon last night, how I love her round fullness, how I so often sense a sweet oneness with her.    

 Mark Nepo writes: consider how the sun lights our daily world.... and the light is unseen until it hits a simple blade of grass or makes the web of a spider a golden patch of lace. In the same way ,the presence of God powerfully moves between us unseen, only visible in the brief moments we are lighted, in those enlivened moments we know as love. 

Just as we can look at a spider web and never see its beauty until the light reveals it, we can look upon the nearest face, again and again, never seeing beauty until one or both of us is suddenly revealed.  Our gentleness of heart allows us to see and be seen.


I 'see' you my family, glowing with beauty, and I miss the ones who are absent.
 

When I was young, I thought things needed to be a certain way before I could relax and enjoy life.  Since cancer, since growing in wisdom, since paying attention, I realize it’s the other way around.  When I enjoy life, embrace it as it comes by honestly lamenting when needed or inviting impromptu gaiety, then my body relaxes and my heart opens as full and round as the moon. 

Cheers!  Slainte!  To life!
Sharon

Massey - reflecting on all the love :)
Good Night Moon     ~  Stephanie Landis photography


 Slainte- Gaelic translated loosely = cheers, translated literally = health http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sl%C3%A1inte

recipe for summer solstice sangria:  ttp://lovebakedinn.tumblr.com/post/25526444109/summer-solstice-sangria
 

No comments:

Post a Comment