Thursday, March 14, 2013




Loving My Life





I am in love with life.  My life.  It's lovely coming home to this.  I used to waste a lot of time comparing my life to others. And mine always seemed to come up short.  Comparisons are so draining!  My ego becomes more subtle about the comparisons so I need to stay awake. 

It can be humorous though, noticing my internal dialogue as I scan Facebook and other social media. She got another car??  They are on vacation again?  I will never get to the Canadian Rockies!    If I can be gentle with myself, it's easier to let go of the idea that my life isn't enough.  I want to embrace my life as it is, rather than be grouchy over what it isn't.  

Today, I'm starting a three day detox juice fast. I hope to detox my whole being, not just my body. Energize my soul.  Smell some roses. Paint something. Meditate longer. Celebrate my friends and family. Eliminate more wasteful thinking, some laziness, the comparisons that sneak in.  Stop myself from agreeing to do something while my body is saying:  com'on, say no. Doing that would not be fun or sustaining. 

Joyfully,
Sharon

                         "I am enough. I know enough. I do enough.  All fast enough."  Brenda Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment